Are you ready to turn your smile into a show-stopper and dazzle the world? Look no further than Cox Family Dentistry, where we couple the power of cosmetic and restorative dentistry together to form an unstoppable dental force. With our team, we’ll take your smile from zero to hero in no time! But first, let’s go over the essential differences between cosmetic and restorative dentistry in Allen, Texas.
Restorative Dentistry: The Fixer-Upper
Restorative dentistry is all about fixing dental problems impacting your oral health. This type of dentistry focuses on repairing and restoring teeth that are damaged, decayed, or lost. It’s like a renovation for your teeth! Here are the most common types of restorative dental treatments:
- Dental Fillings – A Common Solution to Tooth Decay. Dental fillings are a standard restorative treatment used to repair teeth damaged by cavities. This procedure restores the tooth’s function and prevents further decay. During the process, we’ll remove the decayed portion of the tooth and fill the area with a composite material.
- Dental Crowns – A Strong and Durable Solution for Damaged Teeth. Dental crowns are a restorative treatment that restores the shape and strength of damaged teeth. They’re like a “cap” that covers the entire tooth, protecting it from further damage. They’re robust and durable and known for their durability.
- Dental Bridges – A Fixed Solution for Missing Teeth. Dental bridges are a restorative treatment used to replace one or more missing teeth. They consist of one or more artificial teeth anchored in place by dental crowns on the adjacent teeth.
- Dental Implants – A Long-Lasting Solution for Missing Teeth. Dental implants are a long-lasting solution that can improve your ability to chew and speak. Dental implants use a titanium post surgically placed into the jawbone and topped with a custom-made dental crown.
- Dentures – A Removable Solution for Missing Teeth. Dentures can replace multiple missing teeth and consist of a custom-made removable dental appliance to fit your mouth. Dentures can be partial or total, depending on the missing teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry: The Makeover
Cosmetic dentistry is all about enhancing the appearance of your teeth. It’s like a makeover for your teeth! This type of dentistry focuses on improving the aesthetics of your smile, so you can look and feel your best:
- Teeth Whitening – Brighten Your Smile with Ease. Teeth whitening is a quick and easy way to brighten your smile and enhance your overall appearance. Professional teeth whitening can improve the appearance of discolored or stained teeth.
- Dental Veneers – A Customized Solution for a Perfect Smile. Dental veneers can enhance the appearance of your teeth by closing gaps and aligning the smile. They’re thin, custom-made shells placed over your teeth’s surface to improve their shape, size, and color.
- Orthodontics – Straighten Your Teeth for a Perfect Smile. Orthodontics is a cosmetic treatment used to correct misaligned teeth and improve the appearance of your smile. This treatment involves braces or clear aligners to realign your smile. Orthodontics can improve your oral health as well as enhance your appearance.
- Dental Bonding – A Quick and Easy Solution for Minor Cosmetic Issues. Dental bonding is a quick and easy solution that can enhance the appearance of your smile in no time. Dental bonding can repair minor cosmetic issues, such as chips, cracks, or gaps in your teeth. This procedure involves applying a tooth-colored composite resin to the affected area and shaping it to match the surrounding teeth.
Restorative Dentistry in Allen, Texas
While restorative and cosmetic dentistry may seem like two worlds, they often work hand-in-hand to create a beautifully restored smile. At Cox Family Dentistry, Dr. Nicholas Cox and Dr. Burkett aim to provide the highest quality care and use state-of-the-art technology to offer a personalized experience. Together we’ll design the smile of your dreams!