Are your kids crying every time you drive past a dental clinic? Do they check under their bed each night if a dentist has snuck inside the house? Worry no more! At Cox Family Dentistry, dental care is a thrilling, memorable, and educational experience for children. We’ve done additional research and developed ten creative ways to make dentistry fun and exciting for your little ones. These easy, practical tips are dentist-certified and approved by our family dentistry here in Allen, Texas.
- Make Brushing a Game: Turn brushing into a fun game by setting a two-minute timer and challenging your child to brush for the entire duration. Try singing, telling a story, or playing a song as they wash their teeth.
- Let Them Pick Their Toothbrush: Take your child to the store and let them choose their toothbrush. There are so many fun designs to choose from that they’re sure to find one they love! Go the extra mile and let them choose their favorite flavor of toothpaste as well.
- Create a Brushing Chart: Make brushing a habit by creating a chart and rewarding your child for brushing twice daily. With this method, you can reward your kids weekly or monthly. You could give them stickers or small treats for each successful day. Keep your kids fighting for more significant rewards and more lucrative treats.
- Show Them Educational Videos: Plenty of fun educational videos about dentistry online can help your child understand the importance of oral health. YouTube has hundreds of fun animations, songs, and videos encouraging kids to brush, floss, and care for their teeth.
- Role-Play Dentist Visits: Encourage your child to play dentist. This role-play can help them become familiar with dental equipment and make their honest dentist visits less scary. After all, kids love to play “adult.” Dress them up in scrub and educate them in a fun, interactive, and exciting way.
- Make Dental Visits Fun: At Cox Family Dentistry, we strive to help your children enjoy and remember each visit. You’re not alone! Our friendly staff offers support, fun, and colorful language to every young patient that passes through our doors.
- Use Flavored Toothpaste: Let your child choose a toothpaste flavor they enjoy. After all, who doesn’t like the blue raspberry flavor? This easy hack can make brushing enjoyable and encourage them to brush regularly.
- Let Them Choose Their Floss: Flossing is essential to dental care but can be tedious. Children learn best with an example, so make sure you’re flossing your teeth too! Let your kid choose a flavored floss or one with their favorite character. Don’t be afraid to get creative.
- Host a Brushing Party: Invite your child’s friends for a brushing party. You could provide healthy snacks and toothbrushes for everyone and make brushing a fun group activity. Go the extra mile and create a family tradition of “Dentistry Day,” where you bake dental-themed cakes, watch dentistry cartoons, and brush your teeth to kids’ songs.
- Read Dental Books Together: There are plenty of fun books about dentistry that can help your child learn about oral health. Educate them early, and invest in their oral hygiene early. Reading together can also help you bond and make dental care a positive experience.
Family Dentistry in Allen, Texas
So, there you have it! Say goodbye to boring dental visits and hello to a whole new world of toothy adventures! With these ten creative ideas, you can turn your child’s dental care into an experience full of excitement and fun! Visit us at Cox Family Dentistry in Allen, Texas, where our dynamic duo, Dr. Nicholas Cox and Dr. Burkett, will ensure your kids leave with a smile and a happy heart.